Passionate about real estate?
Looking to be part of a competitive industry where creativity, boldness, and purpose drive the future?
If so, we want to hear from you. We’re always on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team. Check out our current opportunities below, or forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Let us know about your career ambitions—and why you would be a good fit for our team.
PC Urban Properties is a downtown Vancouver-based real estate development company. Our team is a group of dedicated individuals focused on maximizing potential for our communities and the properties we create. To continue to build strength on our Finance team, we are looking for an experienced and driven Development Accountant to join our team on a full-time basis.
The Development Accountant will have an opportunity to continue to develop their development accounting expertise, while furthering their insights into the real estate development industry. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives and adapts well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
PC Urban’s passion to build spaces for people to live and spaces for people to work has led us to successfully develop and launch real estate projects across all asset classes throughout Metro Vancouver, the Central Okanagan, and Southern Vancouver Island. We have developed over $3.5 billion of projects and currently have 5.2 million square feet under development including 2.4 million sq. ft. of industrial, 1.4 million sq. ft. of office and 1,500 residential homes.
- Complete full-cycle accounting and month-end close.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports; provide timely and accurate financial results.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly GST and other tax compliance tasks.
- Prepare of the monthly draw (loan) requests and follow-ups to ensure funding with the contractor, lender, quantity surveyor and others.
- Prepare project cashflow forecasts; updating monthly for changes in estimates and schedules.
- Liaise with development team on proforma inputs.
- Prepare year-end adjustment entries and accruals.
- Assist in overseeing the Junior Development Accountant with processing Accounts Payables.
- Assist with external audit and review engagements.
- Support management team in providing data, analysis and forecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or equivalent post-secondary education.
- Three (3) years of experience in real estate development accounting.
- Experience and knowledge on development project proformas is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines.
Nice to haves:
- Self-starter and the ability to work cooperatively and independently.
- Technically savvy, including experience using Sage 300.
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP).
- Interest in pursuing CPA Designation will be considered an asset.
- Expected salary range: $70,000 to $90,000 depending upon comparable experience and skills.
What’s in it for you:
- Comprehensive and competitive benefits and insurances plan.
- A creative, collaborative and fast-paced work environment, with a tight-knit and supportive team.
- Generous leave practices, including time-off over the holiday season.
If you are interested in joining one of Vancouver’s most dynamic real-estate teams, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting selected candidates for follow-up.
Please send your expression of interest and resume to: email@example.com